Chalkboard Fathers Day Craft Project.Turn an ordinary piece of wood or plaque item into an extraordinary chalkboard surface. Just use FolkArt Chalkboard paint on any piece of wood.
1) Start by applying a coat of acrylic craft paint, front and back to a rectangle piece of wood - shown on the left as an example.
2) Next Paint with the chalk paint inside the rectangle leaving a border all around the plaque.
3) Once the pain is dry, Glue a photo onto the chalkboard paint as shown using Elmer's glue.
4) Insert a wire hanger with beads on the top if desired.
a) Attach the hanger on the back with duck tape /the duck tape can be painted to match the color of the plaque -if desired.
5) Write the words - "Dad - you are no. 1 to me! "
With chalk and get ready for the smiles!
*** See the side bar on this post for sources for materials used in this craft project for Father's Day.
Right click on the pattern and save to your device. Size the pattern if needed using a photo editing program. Use graphite paper to transfer the pattern onto the surface you will be painting.
You have permission to use these unique craft designs for personal use and making small sale items such as flea markets and craft shows as long as credit is given to the author of this site; S. Pimental Copyright 2018. You cannot sell, copy in any electronic file or paper form any of this content with the intent of something other than stated. This site is the sole property of Followthemoonart.com ~ S.Pimental 2007-2018.