by S. Pimental
Hi, my name is Sylvia and I am the founder of this blog, Freesawpatterns.com. I used to work in advertising, then I discovered craft wholesaling that led to my creating how-to tutorials. They are about making money from your arts & crafts. My experience with selling from home dates back to 15 years. My kids were 2 and 5 years old and I needed to be home with them and make money at the same time.
If you enjoy making crafts and want to make money at it, you need to know that it takes a lot of discipline to achieve this type of success. That means waking up everyday with the desire to want to do this, be home yet make money at the same time.
Let's begin and get started by gathering all the supplies you will need to sell products online and from your home.
List of materials (for packing and shipping):
1) Postal scale - get this on eBay or Amazon
2) Tape dispenser and tape- Heavy duty stationery model, that will hold both wide and narrow tape.
( buy new or look for this for at a flea market or yard sale).
3) Padded packing envelopes (get on eBay or Amazon)
Unless you are shipping glass or very fragile items, padded mailers will be the most economical. Consider the weight of a box, whereas a lightweight padded envelope has the capacity to do the same job. Use the boxes, however if shipping out glass and breakables.
4) Stuffing or padding for packages for inside of boxes (if applicable).
Keep your eyes open at a garage sale or flea market for this type of item. I bought an old iron meat wrapping holder with a nice roll of meat wrapping paper attached at a flea market for a steal! I had also picked up a carton full of padded envelopes for just crystal bags are just that- beautiful see thru clear bags that make your product look great, and its gives that finished touch.
5) Crystal clear bags or similar bagging. This type of bag is a must to use when packing your product. It is not to be confused with a plastic type bag like a baggie sandwich bag. These are small size bags for items under 1 foot or so. These bags come in all sizes. They provide 2 important things: they protect the item within the mailing and it looks very classic and professional. These bags can be found on the usual eBay or Amazon.
5) Scissors, pens, pencils
6) Post it notes or pretty stationery paper
You will use this to enclose Thank You notes in those mailed out packages.
7) Storage space for shipping product.
You will need a place to store your hand made inventory. If your product or items are small then they will be able to fit in a wardrobe cabinet or some type of closed door cupboard. The finished items should be behind doors to keep away dust and dirt.
You have permission to use these unique craft designs for your own craft use. You cannot resell these designs as your own and as they appear published here, by themselves or in a collection in digital, on paper or in any other from of distribution. Please use the contact form here on this page if you have any questions. Followthemoonart Pimental Copyright2007-2023.